Changing the Degree Course
How do I change to a new first semester degree course?
If you are already enroled at the University of Cologne and you want to change your degree course in the first semester, different procedures apply depending on whether you are an EU/EEA-citizen or a Non-EU/EEA-citizen.
How do I change to a new degree course, beginning in an advanced semester?
If you are already enrolled at the University of Cologne and want to change to a new degree course beginning in an advanced semester the same procedure applies for EU/EEA-citizens and Non-EU/EEA-citizens.
Students wanting to change to a new degree course with restricted admission, beginning in an advanced semester must apply using the online application portal Klips 2.0
In addition, they must submit the following to the International Office:
- Signed application form (printout from the Klips 2.0 online application).
- Copy of their passport or identification card.
- Recognition of previous studies and semester placement by the Examination Office.
What are the deadlines for changing to a new degree course with restricted admission?
- For the winter semester: September 15th
- For the summer semester: March 15th