Public transport ticket KVB
Prices effective from 1st January 2021.
We hold an agreement with the public transport company of Cologne (KVB) and are able to offer a reduced monthly ticket (up to 12% off the regular price).
The offer is of interest and available for all registered guestscholars (if you are not yet registered, just register now)
- who stay at the University of Cologne for less than 12 months (or those who stay longer than a year, but do not want to bind themselves with a yearly ticket)
- who can NOT matriculate as a PhD-student with the University of Cologne (as PhD-students do have access to the more convenient Semester-Ticket)
- who do NOT hold a working contract with the University of Cologne for longer than one year (as employees do have access to the more convenient yearly Job-Ticket).
The following ticket types and prices are on offer (for extension of tariff-zones/Preisstufen see separate info):
Full-Price-Monthly Ticket (unlimited all-day validity)
- Fare zone 1b/city of Cologne: €90,00,00/month (instead of €105,50)
- Fare zone 2/Cologne+outskirts (e.g. Hürth, Leverkusen, Brühl): €114,00/month (instead of €133,00)
- Fare zone 3/Cologne+surroundings I (e.g. Kerpen, Bergheim, Bornheim): €137,00 (instead of €160,70)
- Fare zone 4/Cologne+surroundings II (e.g. Bonn, Solingen): €202,00/month (instead of €240,00)
- Fare zone 5/Cologne+surroundings III (e.g. Düsseldorf): €242,00/month (instead of €289,90)
Formel9-Monthly-Ticket (valid Mon-Fri from 9.00 am, Sat/Sun/holidays all day)
- Fare zone 1b/city of Cologne: €65,00/month (instead of €75,10)
- Fare zone 2/Cologne+surroundings: €74,00/month (instead of €86,10)
- Fare zone 3/Cologne+surroundings I (e.g. Kerpen, Bergheim, Bornheim): €91,00/instead of €106,00)
- Fare zone 4/Cologne+surroundings II (e.g. Bonn, Solingen): €108,00/month (instead of €126,30)
- Fare zone 5/Cologne+surroundings III (e.g. Düsseldorf): €131,00/month (instead of €152,40)
Other Tariff-Zones are available on request.
Both ticket types (in all tariff zones) are conferrable, i.e. they may be used by different people. And both will allow on weekdays from 7 p.m. onwards and on weekends/holidays all day long accompaniment by one more adult person and by up to three children aged 6-14.
Furthermore you have the option of purchasing individual “Anschlusstickets” – those allow you to travel to surrounding areas like Düsseldorf, Aachen ode Münster for the price of € 4 each way instead of paying the full price ticket. You can purchase this ticket at the ticket machine. It is called "Weitere Tickets – VRS Anschlussticket". For more information please contact us: international.scholarsverw.uni-koeln.de
A one-time deposit of 10,00 Euro per ticket is required. It will be reimbursed after restituition of the ticket.
Subscription is possible any time, but requests should be submitted two weeks before the beginning of a new month. Tickets are then valid from the 1st of the following month.
Renewal is automatic from month to month, unless cancellation or suspension to be demanded two weeks beforehand (i.e. at the latest by the 18th of the month before). For administrative reasons, payment for subsequent months has to be made one week in advance (at the latest by the 18th of the month before), otherwise the ticket will be invalidated. Payment must be made by bank transfer to the University of Cologne (see invoice).
Please subscribe by sending an Email, stating type (Full-price or Formel9), tariff (1b, 2 or other) and quantity of the ticket you wish. Requests are binding!
Tickets will be sent to you by mail.