All our members are eligible for free access to the one-on-one career counseling provided by the German Association of University Professors and Lecturers (Deutscher Hochschulverband, or DHV).
The counseling may include:
- Status Quo Analysis
- SWOT Analysis
- Preperation for (Mid-Term) Evaluation
- Improvement of Résumés, Cover Letters, and CVs
- Application and Self-Marketing
- Negotiation for Subsequent Positions or External Professorships
- Identification of Convincing Unique Selling Points
- Individual Career Management
- Career and Life Planning
Counseling schedules are announced via our mailing list. Please register by email. Please be adviced that only a limited number of free spots is available, and there may be a waiting list.
We are pleased to bring this service to you in cooperation with the Office for Faculty and Staff Development.
Consultation for women (funded by the Professorinnenprogramm II)
26.03.: 09:00 - 11:00 or 11:15 - 13:15 Uhr
29.03.: 09:00 - 11:00, 11:15 - 13:15, 13:30 - 15:30, 15:45 - 17:45 Uhr
30.03.: 13:30 - 15:30, 15:45 - 17:45 Uhr
The consulation can cover the following topics:
- Optimizing the application documents for a (junior) professorship
- Preparation for the interview during the application process
- Strategic approach and negotiation tactics
- Identification of convincing unique selling propositions
Please register by Feb. 22 at: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your specific consulting request and the time slots available to you.
Note: Successful registration does not yet lead to a confirmation of participation. Appointments will be assigned according to the urgency of the request.