Study Skills Course
The study skills course is designed for students in their first semesters. The aim of this
subject-specific event is to convey skills relevant to the degree programme and to introduce students to internal university communication. It includes:
- working in international (study) groups
- presenting at the university and in a professional environment
- time and self-management during studies
- examination formats (written exams, term paper, etc.) and preparing for exams
- communication at the university (mastery of email correspondance with lecturers, face-to-face consultations)
- intercultural exchange
In addition to regular active participation, the performance assessment includes an oral presentation (3 CP).
Please be aware that the course is primarily for students of the Studienstart International. External applications can be considered if there are open places left.
If you have any questions about the course, please contact studienstart-internationalverw.uni-koeln.de.